President Position Opening:
Employer: Vision Hudson Valley (VHV)
Location: Sugar Loaf, New York
Focus Areas: Quality of Life Issues/Land Use/ Environment/Transportation & Infrastructure
Position Type: Full Time
Degree Level: Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience in an Executive Position
Experience Level: Senior Management
Vision Hudson Valley (f/k/a Orange County Citizens Foundation) seeks a President (Executive Director) to lead the organization in championing, supporting, and advocating for the resources required to preserve the legacy and integrity of Vision Hudson Valley and its mission, as well as secure its future.
The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the challenges involved in balancing the past and the future to ensure our quality of life in Orange County and beyond.
The President will ensure effective and sustainable operations of the organization, communicate internally on a regular basis to VHV members, and represent the organization to external constituencies, including partner organizations, funders and donors, elected officials, and the general public. In addition, the new leader will be responsible for maintaining and overseeing the Seligmann Homestead, a 55-acre property with a renovated home and outbuildings bequeathed to VHV. Reporting to a board of trustees, the President leads the fundraising, administration, membership, and facilities management functions, as well as education and advocacy efforts, while overseeing all aspects of the organization’s volunteer and staffing functions. The position oversees a staff of two and a robust pool of active volunteers. In partnership with the Board of Trustees, the President supports strategic planning, board development and the identification and cultivation of new funding sources for this broad-based 50-year-old organization.
- Proven experience in nonprofit management/organizational leadership, with ability to influence and drive organizational evolution in keeping with mission, strategic goals, and capacity.
- Experience in developing and implementing a fundraising strategy/plan, with proven skills in fund development through various techniques (ie. major donor cultivation, event management, grant writing, corporate sponsorship, planned giving).
- Experience in managing and supporting a membership program and in building, managing, and motivating staff and volunteers.
- Ability to communicate with diplomacy and empathy to members and the public at large.
- Ability to develop a budget and review finances for an organization of considerable size and complexity.
- Demonstrated advocacy skills.
- Self-starter with a solutions-oriented approach and exceptional organization and prioritization skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with keen ability to cultivate and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with diverse stakeholders, such as: donors, members, community organizations, and local/state officials.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills, including the ability to present and speak publicly on relevant issues, with ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with a nonprofit board of directors, staff, and partner organizations.
- Command of technology with an ability to enhance systems and work with various software/online apps.
- Ability to work some evenings/weekends and maintain a current driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Jackie Perez, Administrative Assistant
Email Jackie: firstname.lastname@example.org